Well, I fixed the biggest design flaw that GM could have possibly put on every s-series truck that had 4wd. The remote oil filter. The concept is good, but the execution was just horrible. The crimps they put on the rubber line to meet up with the steel always end up leaking, no matter what.
You replace the line, you will have it leaking again in a year tops.
So I thought to myself.
1. The only reason for this is because there was not “room” for an oil filter on the block because the front shaft (literally the only reason I could think of why they did this)
So then I did a lot of reading, A LOT. And found a couple people who have deleted this setup, and put the oil filter back on the block. All it took was a nipple that screws into the block from a 2wd, and a shorter oil filter.
2 hours later, and the oil filter was back on the block, no more leaking lines.
The hardest part of this mod was removing the front skid plate, using 3 feet of extensions and a swivel socket and running it along the drivers side of the oil pan from the front of the engine, and putting it on the bolt that holds the hoses to the adapter. once that was off… 2 bolts to remove the adapter from the block, 3 bolts to remove the adapter from behind the drivers side headlight where the oil filter used to mount. And about 5 minutes to cut out the old oil lines.
Feel much better driving down the road now knowing those things will not break and dump the whole crank case out on the freeway and kill it.
Next up, HID’s on Tuesday.